Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications (PDQs) provide a strong framework to support the effective continuing professional development of teachers and leaders.
They help teachers and leaders to:
- Engage critically with relevant concepts, principles, theories and international best practices
- Apply new ideas and approaches in reflective practice in their own teaching and learning context
- Evaluate experiences and outcomes to plan further development
- Improve the quality of their teaching and leadership to enhance the quality of their learners’ learning.
PDQs are designed to be integrated into schools’ professional development planning, activities and culture. They help schools to improve, through cost-effective, sustainable programmes which benefit teachers and their learners. They demonstrate to parents, the school community and stakeholders that the school values and nurtures staff development.
PDQs are also internationally recognized as a mark of excellence for the individual teacher or leader. In the UK, the Certificate is accredited with 60 credits at FHEQ* Level 4 and the Diploma is accredited with 60 credits at FHEQ Level 5. The qualifications help to improve teachers’ and leaders’ professional profile, and are valued for further professional and career development.
* FHEQ is the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Framework for Higher Education Qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
For more details about CIE please visit www.cie.org.uk